Registration is OPEN for the 2022 FALL Montgomery County Under the Lights flag football season. The FALL season runs from September through October, with most games taking place on Friday nights at:
Strawberry Knoll Elementary School
18820 Strawberry Knoll Rd
Gaithersburg, MD 20855
Under the Lights is the exclusive youth flag football partner of Under Armour, Inc. The league is for both boys and girls of all skill levels and promotes a competitive, confidence-building, non-contact football experience.
Fall Season Starts
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION FEE $139
Sibling Discount is Available! One sibling will receive a $15 discount plus a discount of the additional processing fees. Please use the discount code: SiblingDiscount. Please note, this applies to siblings registered after the initial registrant!
- September 10, 17, 24
- October 1, 8
- October 15, 22 (Playoffs/Championships)
- October 29 (Inclement Weather Date)
GENERAL LEAGUE FORMAT:
- Grade Divisions are as follows:
- Player receives an Under Armour game shirt and shorts
- Head Coach receives an Under Armour 495 youth football
- 7 game season plus playoffs or consolation games
- 6 v 6 format on 25-30 yd wide x 50 yd long fields
- NO pass rush, just a 4-6 second sack count. Emphasis on the pass game and run game limitations.
- 7-10 player rosters so everyone plays every game
- Practices are held an hour before the games - Additional practices may be scheduled by your coach but are not monitored or insured by Under Armour, Under the Lights or any league affiliates.
- NO Tryouts. NO Drafts. Rosters are formed by "friend" or "coach" request. Single players will be placed on teams with some similarities and familiarity such as same school, neighborhood, organization, etc. as the other players on the team.
- ALL coaches are volunteer parents and NOT provided by Under the Lights
- Trophies are awarded to the Champions of the grade/age division
- Games played in the evenings when possible.
- Food and music at the games
All refund requests must be submitted to the League Commissioner prior to specific dates:
- FULL or 100% registration fee refund if requested before uniforms are ordered for the league which occurs 4 weeks prior to kickoff.
- HALF or 50% registration fee refund if requested after uniforms are ordered and prior to the 2nd game of the season not 2nd week of the season.
- NO REFUND request submitted and processed after the 2nd game of the season
- In the event that the Under the Lights Flag season is canceled prior to the 4th game of the season due to an unforeseen event such as a COVID19 outbreak, then HALF or 50% registration fee refund will be processed. If the season is canceled after the 4th game of the season due to an unforeseen event such as a COVID19 outbreak, NO REFUND will be processed.
COACHES AND VOLUNTEERS:
- All coaches are volunteers and are not provided by Under the Lights Flag League.
- All Coaches and Volunteers must provide the Commissioner of your league with a current Coaching certification and background check. Each certificate is valid for 1 calendar year. If you need to update or obtain both please use the following links:
Background Screens for Coaches and Volunteers
- Safety is our main concern and goal for our players and we want to make sure we have proper and safe coaches.
Frequently Asked Questions