Registration is OPEN for the 2022 WINTER Tampa - Lutz Under the Lights youth flag football season. The WINTER season runs from JANUARY through FEBRUARY, with games taking place on FRIDAY nights at:
LUTZ CHIEFS FIELD, Oscar Cooler Sports Complex
656 W Lutz Lake Fern Rd, Lutz, FL 33558
Under the Lights is the exclusive youth flag football partner of Under Armour, Inc. The league is for both boys and girls from grades Kindergarten to 8th grade. Under the Lights is for players of all skill levels and promotes a competitive, confidence building, non-contact football experience.
TENTATIVE FLAG GAME SCHEDULE:
FRIDAY GAMES - 5pm - 9pm
- January 7, 14, 21, 28
- February 4, 11, 18, 25
- State Championship at One Buc Place on March 13
- K-2nd Grade
- 3rd-4th Grade
- 5th-6th Grade
- 7th-8th Grade
*Any Registrations after DECEMBER 19th will be added to the waiting list. Please know you will not have a uniform for Week 1 and no guarantee on friend requests as our rosters will already be set. You CAN still participate if we have space on teams.
Siblings receive a $15 discount. The first child is at full price with the second and additional children receiving the sibling discount. Please email Cason Byrd at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your sibling discount. One discount allowed per person.
GENERAL LEAGUE FORMAT:
- Player receives an Under Armour game shirt and shorts
- Head Coach receives an Under Armour 495 youth football
- 7 game season including playoffs or consolation games
- 6 v 6 format on 25-30 yd wide x 50 yd long fields
- NO pass rush, just a 4-6 second sack count. Emphasis on the pass game and run game limitations.
- 9-11 player rosters so everyone plays every game!
- Practices are held an hour before the games
- NO Tryouts. NO Drafts. Rosters are formed by "friend" or "coach" request. Single players will be placed on teams with some similarity and familiarity such as same school, neighborhood, organization, etc. as the other players on the team.
- ALL coaches are volunteer parents and NOT provided by Under the Lights
- Trophies are awarded to the Champions of the grade/age division
- Games played in the evenings when possible.
- Food and music at the games
We at Under the Lights Flag offer the following refunds within these specific timelines. All refund requests must be submitted by email to your League Commissioner.
- FULL or 100% registration fee refund if requested before uniforms are ordered for the league which occurs 3 weeks prior to kickoff.
- HALF or 50% registration fee refund if requested after uniforms are ordered and prior to the 2nd game of the season not 2nd week of the season.
- NO REFUND request submitted and processed after the 2nd game of the season
- In the event that the Under the Lights Flag season is canceled prior to the 4th game of the season due to an unforeseen event such as a COVID19 outbreak, then HALF or 50% registration fee refund will be processed. If the season is canceled after the 4th game of the season due to an unforeseen event such as a COVID19 outbreak, NO REFUND will be processed.
COACHES AND VOLUNTEERS:
- All coaches are volunteers and are not provided by Under the Lights Flag League.
- All Coaches and Volunteers must provide the Commissioner of your league with a current Coaches certification and background check. Each certificate is valid for 1 calendar year. If you need to update or obtain both please use the following links:
Background Screens for Coaches and Volunteers
- Safety is our main concern and goal for our players and we want to make sure we have proper and safe coaches.
Frequently Asked Questions