Registration is OPEN for the 2022 SPRING Cypress Under the Lights flag football season. The SPRING season runs from April through May, with games taking place on SATURDAYS at the following location:
Ollin Athletics and Sports Medicine
NFL TURF FIELD
16636 House & Hahl Rd
Cypress, TX 77433
Under the Lights is the exclusive youth flag football partner of Under Armour, Inc. The league is for both boys and girls from grades Kindergarten to 8th grade. Under the Lights is for players of all skill levels and promotes a competitive, confidence building, non-contact football experience.
FOR MORE INFORMATION SELECT REGISTER NOW!
$160 - Early Bird Registration Fee – ENDS February 28th
$170 - Registration Fee - March 1st - March 31st
$180 - Late Registration Fee - April 1st - April 15th (due to separate uniform manufacturing and delivery costs)
*Any Registrations after April 1st will be accepted but please know you will not have a uniform for week 1 and no guarantee on Friend Requests as our rosters will already be set! But you CAN still participate!*
TENTATIVE SATURDAY GAMES FROM 9AM - 9PM
- April 9, 16, 23, 30
- May 7, 14
- May 21 - PLAYOFFS
- May 28 - CHAMPIONSHIP
6v6 Flag (Grades as of 2021-2022 School Year and age as of 9/1/2021)
- PreK - K Grade Division (Ages 4 - 5)
- 1st-2nd Grade Division (Ages 6 - 7, Kindergarten may play in this division)
- 3rd-4th Grade Division (Ages 8 - 9)
- 5th-6th Grade Division (Ages 10 -12)
- 7th-8th Grade Division (Ages 13 - 14)
GENERAL LEAGUE FORMAT:
- Player receives a Under Armour game shirt and shorts
- Head Coach receives a Under Armour 495 youth football
- 7 game season plus playoffs or consolation games
- 6 v 6 format on 25-30 yd wide x 50 yd long fields
- NO pass rush, just a 4-6 second sack count. Emphasis on the pass game and run game limitations.
- 9-10 player rosters so everyone plays every game!
- Practices to be held by coaches outside of the games played (optional but highly encouraged)
- NO Tryouts. NO Drafts. Rosters are formed by "friend" or "coach" request. Single players will be placed on teams with some similarity and familiarity such as same school, neighborhood, organization, etc. as the other players on the team. But teams will be balanced.
- ALL coaches are volunteer parents and NOT provided by Under the Lights
- Trophies or Medals are awarded to the Champions of the grade/age division
COVID-19 PROTOCOL (Updated as of 9/1/2021)
Notify league administrator of case and follow the following:
CDC Reference Link:
- Options 1 or 2 below for those with confirmed positive COVID-19
- Option 3 below for those with COVID symptoms that are determined NOT to have COVID-19
- Option 4 below for those identified as a close contact to a confirmed positive case of COVID-19, provided such individuals are not confirmed to have COVID-19 and do not have symptoms of COVID-19
1. Symptom-based strategy (For symptomatic COVID+ Cases)
Exclude from play until:
- At least 24 hours have passed since recovery; defined as resolution of fever without the use of fever reducing medications, and
- Other symptoms have improved (e.g., ALL COVID Symptoms apply); and
- At least 10 days have passed since symptoms onset. For severe cases, consider 20 days
2. Time-based strategy (for asymptomatic COVID+ Cases)
- At least 10 days have passed since the date of the first positive COVID-19 test
3. Non-COVID-19 Symptoms determined by Licensed Physician (for cases where symptoms are not COVID related)
4. Self-quarantined for 10 days from last contact to positive COVID-19 case
We at Under the Lights Flag offer the following refunds within these specific timelines. All refund requests must be submitted by email to your League Commissioner.
- FULL or 100% registration fee refund if requested before uniforms are ordered for the league which occurs 3 weeks prior to kickoff.
- HALF or 50% registration fee refund if requested after uniforms are ordered and prior to the 2nd game of the season not 2nd week of the season.
- NO REFUND request submitted and processed after the 2nd game of the season
- In the event that the Under the Lights Flag season is canceled prior to the 4th game of the season due to an unforeseen event such as a COVID19 outbreak, then HALF or 50% registration fee refund will be processed. If the season is canceled after the 4th game of the season due to an unforeseen event such
as a COVID19 outbreak, NO REFUND will be processed.
COACHES AND VOLUNTEERS:
- All coaches are volunteers and are not provided by Under the Lights Flag League.
- All Coaches and Volunteers must provide the Commissioner of your league with a current Coaches certification and background check. Each certificate is valid for 1 calendar year. If you need to update or obtain both please use the following links:
Background Screens for Coaches and Volunteers
- Safety is our main concern and goal for our players and we want to make sure we have proper and safe coaches.
Frequently Asked Questions