Registration is OPEN for the 2021-2022 WINTER Ponte Vedra Under the Lights youth flag football season. The WINTER season runs from December through February, with games taking place FRIDAY NIGHTS at:
Davis Park Turf Field
210 Davis Park Road
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082
Under the Lights is the exclusive youth flag football partner of Under Armour, Inc. The league is for both boys and girls (Co-Ed League) from grades Kindergarten to 8th grade. Under the Lights is for players of all skill levels and promotes a competitive, confidence building, non-contact football experience.
WE WILL NOT BE RESERVING TEAM SPOTS THIS SEASON. IT WILL BE FIRST COME FIRST SERVE. IF HALF (4 OR MORE) OF YOUR TEAM (INCLUDING THE HEAD COACH) ARE SIGNED UP WHEN WE CLOSE REGISTRATION, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SIGN EVERYONE ELSE UP.
REGISTRATION FEE: $200
REGISTRATION CLOSES: NOVEMBER 19
REGISTRATION CAN CLOSE EARLY IF WE REACH MAX CAPACITY WITH NO WARNING.
THERE IS A FEE INCREASE THIS SEASON AS WE WILL BE EMPLOYING A FULL TIME ATHLETIC TRAINER ON SITE TO ENSURE PROPER CARE IS GIVEN TO EVERY ATHLETE IF AN INJURY IS TO OCCUR.
Siblings receive a $15 discount (please email email@example.com after completing your registration to be refunded the $15 discount). The First Child is at Full Price with the second and additional children utilizing the discount.
We need volunteer coaches. All coaches receive a $25 discount-by-refund to cover the costs of the certification and background check.
- 1st-2ND GRADE
- 3RD-4TH GRADE
- 5TH-6TH GRADE
- 7TH-8TH GRADE
TENTATIVE GAME SCHEDULE:
615PM - 1030PM
- December 17, 31
- January 7, 14, 21, 28
- February 4, 11
- February 11 will be Playoff/Consolation Game Night
ALL COACHES - PLEASE COMPLETE UNDER THE LIGHTS FLAG FOOTBALL CERT AND BACKGROUND CHECK (SEE COACHES CORNER TAB).
ALL COACHES WILL NEED TO COMPLETE ALL REQUIREMENTS AND SEND A HEAD SHOT OF YOURSELF TO UAFLAG.MACKJAX@GMAIL.COM.
GENERAL LEAGUE FORMAT:
- Co-Ed League
- Player receives a Under Armour game shirt and shorts
- Head Coach receives a Under Armour 495 youth football
- 6 game season plus playoffs or consolation games
- 6 v 6 format on 25-30 yd wide x 50 yd long fields
- NO pass rush, just a 4-6 second sack count. Emphasis on the pass game and run game limitations.
- 9 - 12 player rosters so everyone plays every game!
- Practices are held a hour before the games (Coaches have the option to practice during other nights of the week to prepare their teams).
- NO Tryouts or Drafts are held by the league. Rosters are formed by "friend" or "coach" request. Single players will be placed on teams with some similarity and familiarity such as same school, neighborhood, organization, etc. as the other players on the team. Teams are not evened out by skill since there are no skill assessments.
- We will work to meet your special request, but we do not guarantee that any or all of your requests will be met. REFUNDS will not be given if Under the Lights is unable to meet your special request.
- ALL coaches are volunteer parents and NOT provided by Under the Lights
- Trophies are awarded to the Champions of the grade/age division
- Games played in the evenings when possible.
- Food and music at the games
- Access to our Under the Lights Under Armour online store.
- $15 Sibling Discount upon request.
We at Under the Lights Flag offer the following refunds within these specific timelines. All refund requests must be submitted by email to your League Commissioner.
- FULL or 100% registration fee refund if requested before uniforms are ordered for the league which occurs 3 weeks prior to kickoff.
- HALF or 50% registration fee refund if requested after uniforms are ordered and prior to the 2nd game of the season not 2nd week of the season.
- NO REFUND request submitted and processed after the 2nd game of the season
- In the event that the Under the Lights Flag season is canceled prior to the 4th game of the season due to an unforeseen event such as a COVID19 outbreak, then HALF or 50% registration fee refund will be processed. If the season is canceled after the 4th game of the season due to an unforeseen event such as a COVID19 outbreak, NO REFUND will be processed.
COACHES AND VOLUNTEERS:
- All coaches are volunteers and are not provided by Under the Lights Flag League.
- All Coaches and Volunteers must provide the Commissioner of your league with a current Coaches certification and background check. Each certificate is valid for 1 calendar year. If you need to update or obtain both please use the following links:
Background Screens for Coaches and Volunteers
- Safety is our main concern and goal for our players and we want to make sure we have proper and safe coaches.
Frequently Asked Questions