Registration is OPEN for 2022 WINTER Under the Lights flag football season. The WINTER season runs from January - February with games taking place on Saturday nights at:
Dr. Phillips Community Park
8249 Buenavista Woods Blvd
Orlando, Fl 32836
Under the Lights is the exclusive youth flag football partner of Under Armour, Inc. The league is for both boys and girls of all skill levels and promotes a competitive, confidence building, non-contact football experience.
TENTATIVE WINTER SCHEDULE:
JANUARY 15, 22, 29
FEBRUARY 5,12,19 Playoffs & Championship
* 6 REGULAR SEASON GAMES + PLAYOFF OPPORTUNITIES.
* REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE ON SATURDAY, DECEMBER 18TH 2021.
GENERAL LEAGUE FORMAT:
- Player receives a Under Armour game shirt and shorts
- Head Coach receives a Under Armour 495 youth football
- 6 game season with playoffs .
- 6 v 6
- NO pass rush, just a 4-6 second sack count. Emphasis on the pass game and run game limitations.
- 9 player rosters so everyone plays every game! Rosters will only be larger than 9 if its coach & friend requests. Maximum of 11 players for all teams with friend requests & coach made teams.
- Practices are held a hour before the games
- NO Tryouts. NO Drafts. Rosters are formed by "friend" or "coach" request. Single players will be placed on teams with some similiarity and familiarity such as same school, neighborhood, organization, etc. as the other players on the team.
- ALL coaches are volunteer parents and NOT provided by Under the Lights
- Trophies are awarded to the Champions of the grade/age division
- Games played in the evenings when possible.
- Food and music at the games
We at Under the Lights Flag offer the following refunds within these specific timelines. All refund requests must be submitted by email to your League Commissioner.
- FULL or 100% registration fee refund if requested before uniforms are ordered for the league which occurs 3 weeks prior to kickoff.
- HALF or 50% registration fee refund if requested after uniforms are ordered and prior to the 2nd game of the season not 2nd week of the season.
- NO REFUND request submitted and processed after the 2nd game of the season
- In the event that the Under the Lights Flag season is canceled prior to the 4th game of the season due to an unforeseen event such as a COVID19 outbreak, than HALF or 50% registration fee refund will be processed. If the season is canceled after the 4th game of the season due to an unforeseen event such
as a COVID19 outbreak, NO REFUND will be processed.
COACHES AND VOLUNTEERS:
- All coaches are volunteers and are not provided by Under the Lights Flag League.
- All Coaches and Volunteers must provide the Commissioner of your league with a current Coaches certification and background check. Each certificate is valid for 1 calendar year. If you need to update or obtain both please use the following links:
Background Screens for Coaches and Volunteers
- Safety is our main concern and goal for our players and we want to make sure we have proper and safe coaches.
Frequently Asked Questions