Registration is NOW OPEN for the 2022 WINTER Oviedo Under the Lights flag football season. The WINTER season runs from January through February, with games taking place at:
Oviedo High School
601 King St
Oviedo FL 32765
Under the Lights is the exclusive youth flag football partner of Under Armour, Inc. The league is for both boys and girls of all skill levels and promotes a competitive, confidence building, non-
Registration Fee $160
- January 8, 15, 22, 29
- February 5, 12, 19, 26 (Playoffs/Championship)
GENERAL LEAGUE FORMAT:
- Player receives a Under Armour game shirt
- Head Coach receives a Under Armour 495 youth football
- 6 game season plus playoffs or consolation games
- 6 v 6 format on 25-30 yd wide x 50 yd long fields
- NO pass rush, just a 4-6 second sack count. Emphasis on the pass game and run game limitations.
- Practices are held a hour before the games
- NO Tryouts. NO Drafts. Rosters are formed by "friend" or "coach" request. Single players will be placed on teams with some similarity and familiarity such as same school, neighborhood, organization, etc. as the other players on the team.
- ALL coaches are volunteer parents and NOT provided by Under the Lights
- Trophies are awarded to the Champions of the grade/age division
- Games played in the evenings when possible.
- Food and music at the games
- Pre K - Kindergarten Division
- 1st-2nd Grade Division
- 3rd-4th Grade Division
- 5th-6th Grade Division
- 7th-8th Grade Division
- Practice is only mandated an hour before games. Any additional practice is on a voluntary basis.
- Game times are 10 minute quarters with 4 quarters per game.
- Division Champions receive medals and a coaches plaque
Rules of the Game can be found at www.uaflag.com
Teams are formed by participants requesting "friends" and "coaches" to play with/for during the season. All request must be entered on the registration form. We will work to meet your special request, but we do not guarantee that any or all of your requests will be met. REFUNDS will not be given if Under the Lights is unable to meet your special request.
Single players will be placed on teams based on some form of familiarity through same school, sport organization, neighborhood, etc.
Players must wear mouth guards for ALL games. Any player without a mouth guard will not be allowed to participate. Players cannot wear baseball caps or jewelry
Players must wear shorts without pockets.
We at Under the Lights Flag offer the following refunds within these specific timelines. All refund requests must be submitted by email to your League Commissioner.
All refund requests must be submitted by email to your League Commissioner.
- FULL or 100% registration fee refund if requested before uniforms are ordered for the league which occurs 4 weeks prior to kickoff.
- HALF or 50% registration fee refund if requested after uniforms are ordered or prior to the 2nd game of the season not 2nd week of the season.
- NO REFUND request submitted and processed after the 2nd game of the season
- In the event that the Under the Lights Flag season is canceled prior to the 4th game of the season due to an unforeseen event such as a COVID19 outbreak, then HALF or 50% registration fee refund will be processed. If the season is canceled after the 4th game of the season due to an unforeseen event such as a COVID19 outbreak, NO REFUND will be processed.
COACHES AND VOLUNTEERS:
- All coaches are volunteers and are not provided by Under the Lights Flag League.
- All Coaches and Volunteers must provide the Commissioner of your league with a current Coaches certification and background check. Each certificate is valid for 1 calendar year. If you need to update or obtain both please use the following links:
Background Screens for Coaches and Volunteers
- Safety is our main concern and goal for our players and we want to make sure we have proper and safe coaches.
Frequently Asked Questions