Registration is OPEN for the 2021 FALL Under the Lights flag football season. The FALL season runs from September through October, with games taking place at:
Lake Mary Sports Complex
550 Rantoul Lane
Lake Mary, FL 32746
Under the Lights is the exclusive youth flag football partner of Under Armour, Inc. The league is for both boys and girls of all skill levels and promotes a competitive, confidence building, non-contact football experience.
$125 - Early Bird Registration Fee(Ends on July 17, 2021)
$160-Regular Registration Fee(Ends on September 1, 2021)
$185-Late Registration Fee (Ends on September 8, 2021)
Coaches contact us for full team rate ( minimum 7 players)
Military, First Responders and Educators Discount Available(ID is required to get discount code)
*Registration amounts does not include credit or processing fee
TENTATIVE FLAG GAME SCHEDULE: Saturday evenings 7PM-9:30PM
- October 2, 9, 16,23, 30
- November 6,13, (Playoffs/Championship)(Bowl game)
UPDATED GUIDELINES DUE TO COVID-19:
The Fall 2021 season will be a fluid situation and changes can and will most likely occur. We will need everyone (coaches and parents) to stay as flexible as possible throughout the season.
- Coaches: We are requesting no more than 3 coaches per team. At this time it is optional to have some type of face covering on the sidelines (and includes the field); face mask or neck gaiters/buffs.
- Parents: Face coverings in the parental viewing areas are not required, we are however strongly encouraging everyone to wear a face covering of some kind.
- Players: Face coverings will not be required for players, however, we are strongly encouraging players to wear neck gaiters/buffs that can be easily pulled up on the sidelines.
*It’s imperative that everyone do their part to adhere to all of the above. Failure to adhere subjects Under the Lights to be shut down by local government at any time. If this occurs, we will be following the “Fall refund policy due to corona virus impact” refund guidelines as outlined below.
- There will be NO SCHEDULE CHANGES or RESCHEDULES permitted . Once the schedule is made, if your team is not able to play for whatever reason, you will have to forfeit. There will be no exceptions to this policy.
- Pre-K/Kindergarten-Co-ed (start as early as 4 years old)
- *(If there are not enough Pre-K/Kindgarten teams they will play in the K-2 Division)
- 1-2 Co-ed
- 3-4 Co-ed
- 5-6 Co-ed
- 7-8 Co-ed
- All Girls 3-5
- All Girls 6-8
GENERAL LEAGUE FORMAT:
- Player receives an Under Armour game shirt and shorts
- All Girls players receives an Under Armour game shirt only
- 6 game season plus playoffs/championships and/or bowl games
- 6 v 6 format on 25-30 yd wide x 50 yd long fields
- NO pass rush, just a 4-6 second sack count. Emphasis on the pass game and run game limitations.
- 10 player rosters so everyone plays every game!
- Practices are held a hour before the games
- NO Tryouts. NO Drafts. Rosters are formed by "friend" or "coach" request. Single players will be placed on teams with some similarity and familiarity such as same school, neighborhood, organization, etc. as the other players on the team.
- ALL coaches are volunteer parents and NOT provided by Under the Lights
- Trophies are awarded to the Champions of the grade division
- Games played under the lights in the evenings when possible.
- Food and music at the games when possible!
- No admission charge at the game!
Teams are formed by participants requesting "friends" and "coaches" to play for during the season. Friend requests must be made with players that play within the same Division based on their SCHOOL GRADE. The divisions are as follow (Pre-K, 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8). We do not allow players to play up in Division without the Commissioners and Head Coaches approval.
Please do NOT request a specific coach unless you have had a conversation with them regarding your child joining their team (many coaches have established full rosters already). All requests must be given on the registration form. We will work to meet your specific request, but we do not guarantee that any or all of your requests will be met. REFUNDS will NOT be given if Under the Lights is unable to meet your special request
We at Under the Lights Flag offer the following refunds within these specific timelines. All refund requests must be submitted by email to your League Commissioner.
- FULL or 100% registration fee refund if requested before uniforms are ordered for the league which occurs 4 weeks prior to kickoff. (excluding processing fee)
- HALF or 50% registration fee refund if requested after uniforms are ordered and prior to the 2nd game of the season not 2nd week of the season. (excluding processing fee)
- NO REFUND request submitted and processed after the 2nd game of the season
- In the event that the Under the Lights Flag season is canceled prior to the 4th game of the season due to an unforeseen event such as a COVID19 outbreak, then HALF or 50% registration fee refund will be processed. (excluding processing fee)If the season is canceled after the 4th game of the season due to an unforeseen event such as a COVID19 outbreak, NO REFUND will be processed.
COACHES AND VOLUNTEERS:
- All coaches are volunteers and are not provided by Under the Lights Flag League.
- We need volunteer coaches. All coaches receive a $25 discount-by-refund to cover the costs of the certification and background check upon the completion of the season.
- All Coaches and Volunteers must provide the Commissioner of your league with a current Coaches certification and background check. Each certificate is valid for 1 calendar year. If you need to update or obtain both please use the following links:
Background Screens for Coaches and Volunteers
- Safety is our main concern and goal for our players and we want to make sure we have proper and safe coaches.
- Players must wear shorts/pants with NO pockets.
- Players must wear mouthguards for ALL games. Any player without a mouthguard will not be allowed to participate.(Mouthguards will be available for purchase the day of the game)
Frequently Asked Questions