Registration is NOW OPEN for the 2020 FALL Richmond Under the Lights flag football season. The FALL season runs from October through November, with games taking place on Saturday's at:
Tomahawk Ruritan Club
4101 N Bailey Bridge Rd
Midlothian, VA 23112
Under the Lights is the exclusive youth flag football partner of Under Armour, Inc. The league is for both boys and girls of all skill levels and promotes a competitive, confidence building, non-contact football experience.
$155 REGISTRATION FEE
Siblings receive a $25 discount (use promo code "SiblingDiscount"). The First Child is at Full Price with the second and additional children utilizing the promo code discount (Not valid for Early Bird Registration Pricing)
- October 3, 10, 17, 24, 31
- November 7, 14, 21
GENERAL LEAGUE FORMAT:
- Player receives a Under Armour game shirt and shorts
- Head Coach receives a Under Armour 495 youth football
- 7 game season plus playoffs or consolation games
- 6 v 6 format on 25-30 yd wide x 50 yd long fields
- NO pass rush, just a 4-6 second sack count. Emphasis on the pass game and run game limitations.
- 9-10 player rosters so everyone plays every game!
- Practices are held a hour before the games
- NO Tryouts. NO Drafts. Rosters are formed by "friend" or "coach" request. Single players will be placed on teams with some similarity and familiarity such as same school, neighborhood, organization, etc. as the other players on the team. But teams will be balanced.
- ALL coaches are volunteer parents and NOT provided by Under the Lights
- Trophies or Medals are awarded to the Champions of the grade/age division
- Games played in the evenings when possible.
- Food and music at the games
All refund requests must be submitted to the League Commissioner prior to specific dates:
- FULL Refund issued prior to a uniform being ordered for a player.
- PARTIAL Refund less than $50 once uniform is ordered and prior to 2nd game of the season
- NO Refund issued after 2nd game is played, non-negotiable
COACHES AND VOLUNTEERS:
- All coaches are volunteers and are not provided by Under the Lights Flag League.
- All Coaches and Volunteers must provide the Commissioner of your league with a current Coaches certification and background check. Each certificate is valid for 1 calendar year. If you need to update or obtain both please use the following links:
Background Screens for Coaches and Volunteers
- Safety is our main concern and goal for our players and we want to make sure we have proper and safe coaches.
Frequently Asked Questions