Registration OPEN for the 2021 SPRING Carlsbad/Oceanside Under the Lights flag football season. The SPRING season runs from March through May with games taking place on Saturdays at:
Army and Navy Academy
2605 Carlsbad Blvd
Carlsbad, CA 92008
Under the Lights is the exclusive youth flag football partner of Under Armour, Inc. The league is for both boys and girls of all skill levels and promotes a competitive, confidence building, non-contact football experience.
$175 Registration Fee
Siblings receive a $25 discount (use promo code "SiblingDiscount"). The First Child is at Full Price with the second and additional children utilizing the promo code discount (Not valid for Early Bird Registration Pricing)
TENTATIVE SCHEDULE (10am-1pm):
- March 27
- April 3 , 10, 17
- May 1 , 8 , 15
GENERAL LEAGUE FORMAT:
- Player receives a Under Armour game shirt
- Head Coach receives a Under Armour 495 youth football
- 6 game season plus playoffs or consolation games
- 6 v 6 format on 25-30 yd wide x 50 yd long fields
- NO pass rush, just a 4-6 second sack count. Emphasis on the pass game and run game limitations.
- 9-10 player rosters so everyone plays every game!
- Practices are held a hour before the games
- NO Tryouts. NO Drafts. Rosters are formed by "friend" or "coach" request (limited requests). Single players will be placed on teams with some similarity and familiarity such as same school, neighborhood, organization, etc. as the other players on the team. But teams will be balanced.
- ALL coaches are volunteer parents and NOT provided by Under the Lights
- Trophies or Medals are awarded to the Champions of the grade/age division
- Games played in the evenings when possible.
We at Under the Lights Flag offer the following refunds within these specific timelines. All refund requests must be submitted by email to your League Commissioner.
- FULL or 100% registration fee refund if requested before uniforms are ordered for the league which occurs 3 weeks prior to kickoff.
- HALF or 50% registration fee refund if requested after uniforms are ordered and prior to the 1st practice/game of the season not 2nd week of the season.
- NO REFUND request submitted and processed after the 1st practice/game of the season
- In the event that the Under the Lights Flag season is canceled prior to the 2nd practice/game of the season due to an unforeseen event such as a COVID19 outbreak, then HALF or 50% registration fee refund will be processed. If the season is canceled after the 2nd practice/game of the season due to an unforeseen event such as a COVID19 outbreak, NO REFUND will be processed.
COACHES AND VOLUNTEERS:
- All coaches are volunteers and are not provided by Under the Lights Flag League.
- All Coaches and Volunteers must provide the Commissioner of your league with a current Coaches certification and background check. Each certificate is valid for 1 calendar year. If you need to update or obtain both please use the following links:
Background Screens for Coaches and Volunteers
- Safety is our main concern and goal for our players and we want to make sure we have proper and safe coaches.
Frequently Asked Questions