Registration is NOW OPEN for the 2019 Spring Long Island Under the Lights flag football season. The spring season runs from April through June with games taking place on Friday/Saturday nights or Sundays at following sites:
Stony Brook University (Suffolk County) - Saturday Nights and/or Sundays
SOLD OUT -
Field of Dreams or Burns (Massapequa) - Friday/Saturday Nights
*** Semi-Final and Championship Games will take place at Kenneth P. LaValle Stadium
"Under The Lights" on July 13th
Under the Lights is the exclusive youth flag football partner of Under Armour, Inc. The league is for both boys and girls of all skill levels and promotes a competitive, confidence building, non-contact football experience.
TENTATIVE GAME SCHEDULE (6 weeks plus playoffs) :
1) Field of Dreams and/or John J Burns Park South (Massapequa) Friday/Saturday Nights 6:00 pm - 10:30 pm
- April 12, 13, 26, 27,
- May 3, 4, 10, 11, 30, 31,
- June 1, 7, 8, 9, 14, 15
- Regular Registration $145 ends March 15
- Late Registration $160 ends April 1st (Players who register late will not have uniforms for the first game)
2) Stony Brook University (Suffolk County)
Saturday Nights 6pm - 10pm and Sundays 10 am - 2pm
- April 27, 28,
- May 4, 5, 18, 19,
- June 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16
- Early Registration $150 ends March 15
- Regular Registration $160 ends April 1
- Late Registration $175 ends April 10th (Players who register late will not have uniforms for the first game)
GENERAL LEAGUE FORMAT:
- Coaches receive A Free Registration with a team of 7 or more players.
- Player receives an Under Armour game shirt.
- Grades K - 9th for Boys & Girls
- Team receives an Under Armour 495 youth football
- 6 game season plus playoffs or consolation games
- Long Islands #1 Middle School 7 on 7 League (7th - 9th Graders)
- 6 v 6 format on 25-30 yd wide x 50 yd long fields (Grades K -6th)
- NO pass rush, just a 4-6 second sack count. Emphasis on the passing game and run game limitations.
- 9 player rosters recommended so everyone plays every game!
- Practices are held an hour before the games
- NO Tryouts. NO Drafts. Rosters are formed by "friend" or "coach" request. Single players will be placed on teams with some similarity and familiarity such as same school, neighborhood, organization, etc. as the other players on the team.
- ALL coaches are volunteer parents and NOT provided by Under the Lights
- Trophies are awarded to the Champions of each grade/age division
- Games played in the evenings when possible.
- Music at the games