Registration is OPEN for 2020 SPRING Severn Under the Lights flag football season. We will provide complete details soon, but we're still looking to hold the season just on a delayed start schedule.
Meade Senior High School (Turf Field)
1100 Clark Road
Fort Meade, MD 20755
Under the Lights is the exclusive youth flag football partner of Under Armour, Inc. The league is for both boys and girls of all skill levels and promotes a competitive, confidence building, non-contact football experience. I welcome coaches to bring whole teams to join our league. This league is perfect for those athletes and parents who play another sport but don't truly have the time to commit to a 2nd sport. Read the details below.
Siblings receive a $25 discount (use promo code "SiblingDiscount"). The First Child is at Full Price with the second and additional children utilizing the promo code discount (Not valid for Early Bird Registration Pricing)
7 Game Season: Game dates will be posted once the pandemic leaves and we receive authorization by the state to proceed. Please remember the safety of our participants is one our top priorities.
GENERAL LEAGUE FORMAT:
- Player receives an Under Armour game shirt
- Head Coach receives an Under Armour 495 youth football
- 7 game season plus playoffs or consolation games
- 6 v 6 format on 25-30 yd wide x 50 yd long fields
- NO pass rush, just a 4-6 second sack count. Emphasis is on the passing game and running game limitations.
- 9 player rosters so everyone plays every game!
- Practices are held an hour before the games
- NO Tryouts. NO Drafts. Rosters are formed by "friend" or "coach" request. Single players will be placed on teams with some similarity and familiarity such as same school, neighborhood, organization, etc. as the other players on the team.
- ALL coaches are volunteer parents and NOT provided by Under the Lights
- Trophies are awarded to the Champions of the grade/age division
- Games played in the evenings when possible.
- Food and music at the games
All refund requests must be submitted to the League Commissioner prior to specific dates:
- FULL Refund issued prior to a uniform being ordered for a player.
- PARTIAL Refund less than $50 once uniform is ordered and prior to 2nd game of the season
- NO Refund issued after 2nd game is played, non-negotiable
COACHES AND VOLUNTEERS:
- All coaches are volunteers and are not provided by Under the Lights Flag League.
- All Coaches and Volunteers must provide the Commissioner of your league with a current Coaches certification and background check. Each certificate is valid for 1 calendar year. If you need to update or obtain both please use the following links:
Background Screens for Coaches and Volunteers
- Safety is our main concern and goal for our players and we want to make sure we have proper and safe coaches.
Frequently Asked Questions