Registration is NOW OPEN for the 2018 SPRING Long Island Under the Lights flag football season. The SPRING season runs from April through early June, with games taking place on Friday and/or Saturday nights at:
VARIOUS NASSAU COUNTY FIELDS
Under the Lights is the exclusive youth flag football partner of Under Armour, Inc. The league is for both boys and girls of all skill levels and promotes a competitive, confidence building, non-contact football experience.
NEW THIS SEASON: Head Coaches Registering a Team of 7 or more will Recieve A Free Registration.
* EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION FEE $125 UNTIL JANUARY 10, 2018
* AFTER JANUARY 10, 2018 $135
* AFTER FEBRUARY 10, 2018 $155
TENTATIVE GAME SCHEDULE:
SATURDAY AND FRIDAY GAMES
APRIL 6, 13, 20, 27
MAY 5, 12, 19
JUNE 2 Championship Games
Champions and Runner-Ups from each Division receives an invitation to the Under the Lights National Championship Tournament in Tampa, FL
on June 29-July 1 at University of South Florida.
GENERAL LEAGUE FORMAT:
- Player receives a Under Armour game shirt and shorts
- Grades k - 8th
- Head Coach receives a Under Armour 495 youth football
- 7 game season plus playoffs or consolation games
- Long Islands #1 Middle School 7 on 7 League (7th & 8th Graders)
- 6 v 6 format on 25-30 yd wide x 50 yd long fields (Grades K -6th)
- NO pass rush, just a 4-6 second sack count. Emphasis on the pass game and run game limitations.
- 9 player rosters so everyone plays every game!
- Practices are held a hour before the games
- NO Tryouts. NO Drafts. Rosters are formed by "friend" or "coach" request. Single players will be placed on teams with some similiarity and familiarity such as same school, neighborhood, organization, etc. as the other players on the team.
- ALL coaches are volunteer parents and NOT provided by Under the Lights
- Trophies are awarded to the Champions of the grade/age division
- Games played in the evenings when possible.
- Food and music at the games
- Access to our Under the Lights Under Armour online store.
Under The Lights "LiL Ballers" Instructional Program
Lil Ballers - Is an instructional program that will assist your young athlete ages 3, 4 & 5 learn the fundamentals of playing flag football. Emphasis will be placed on catching, throwing, running routes and back peddling in a fun environment. This will enhance the lil ballers experience when it comes time to compete. This is a 7 week program that that will take place once a week either at 6pm or 7pm Friday Nights
For registration information please call/text 516-404-8668